Sunday, November 20, 2022

November Update

I've been slow to update my blog for the past few months. I was able to do some hobby stuff in late October, but a recent setback in my cancer treatment kept me from doing much in November. I'm finally getting around to posting the photos of some troops I finished in late October. I was able to get out for a little while this weekend to see the NHMGS Game Day at the Museum of Flight. 


First up the painted troops. After some diversions, I finally finished the mounted troops for my Sage Norman army (I talked about the foot troops in this post). The mounted troops took me a little longer than normal because I seem to have trouble getting my horse colors to turn out right. But here they are finally done. 

Mounted Normans

The figures are from the Gripping Beast Saga Norman starter box. Here are some close-ups of the leader and two hearthguard units. The shield transfers are from Little Big Men Studios.

Army leader

The first hearthguard unit

The second hearthguard

That gives me a 5 point Saga army. I would like to add a banner and maybe some mounted javelins. But it will probably be a while before I get those. Here is a photo of the whole army. 

Saga Norman army

As I mentioned above, I had to slow down in early November due to some treatment setbacks. After a few weeks of resting up and working to get back on track I decided I could use a short outing. I took the opportunity to spend a little time at the Seattle Museum of Flight for their hobby day, which included the NHMGS game day. It is always fun to see gaming under the aircraft at the museum. Here are a few photos I took at the event. 

Overview of the game and model areas
The DBA gamers were able to coax some museum visitors into trying out a game.
Maybe some new recruits?
The camp for the Jewish uprising army was some great eye candy too.
Romans Go Home!
There was also some air racing.
All bunched up on the last lap

And some other games ...

Northwest Indian Wars using the Brother vs. Brother rules

There was another gaming period in the afternoon, but I was already gone by then.  


It seemed like there were a lot of people stopping by to ask questions and take a look at the games. So I would say it was a successful event.

 

As always, thanks for looking in on my blog. Due to upcoming treatments, I don't expect to get up another post until the end of the year.

4 comments:

  1. Dave, when did you stop in? I didn't even see you - sorry for not saying hello. I see in the picture above, I'm standing around Kevin's Air Race game table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dean, I was there around 11:30. You guys were just starting the last lap of the race. I just watched everything for a while and talked with a few people.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear for your illness, Dave. Hope that the treatment is going well and wishing you all the best for 2023. Aaron

    ReplyDelete